1st Vice District Governor Manil Babu Shrestha
Vice Governor's Message...
My commitment is to maintain and carry the legacy of our past officers and the tradition of our District 4-C3, honoring the past and strengthening our effort to reach out to each individual member.
Lion Manil was born in Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal. From a young age, Manil has had a keen interest in empowering the youth and serving the greater community. He has a natural ability to bring people together to get things accomplished and contribute to humanitarian causes.
▪ In 1995, he joined Kathmandu Jaycees, also known as Junior Chamber International (JCI)
▪ In 2000, he served as the President of the Gongabu Residential Youth Club
▪ In 2006, he was elected as the President of Kathmandu Jaycees
▪ In 2008, Manil moved to the United States with his family
▪ In 2010, Manil was introduced to Lions Club through Past President Chinkaji Shrestha who sponsored him into the Berkeley Annapurna Lions Club
Within a short period of time, Manil has served as the Club Director, Vice President, and the Club President, followed by the Zone Chairperson and the Region Chairperson of Lions Club. He also served as the Administrative Assistant – Specialty Clubs for DG Bill Ridle.
During his year as the Club President, he organized several training seminars for his club members along with several service activities (including but not limited to Blood Drives, Health Fair, Soccer Tournaments, and Hunger projects). Manil brought in two new clubs, Alameda Yeti and Oakland Feed the Need. He is the Guiding Lion for both clubs as well as an Advisor to many of our Nepalese Lions Clubs members.
Lion Manil is a Melvin Jones Fellow, Kay K. Fukushima Fellow and Harry J. Aslan Fellow. He was awarded Lion of the Year from his club for three consecutive years. In addition, he received the International President’s Certificate of Appreciation in 2019 and 2020.
His theme is “Collaborative Leadership”.